We're now a few days past the one-year anniversary of the New England Patriots' visit to the White House (following their Super Bowl 51 win) and yet the Eagles still haven't set a date for, or even confirmed, their visit.

On Monday, NFL Network's Ian Rapoport tweeted out that the team's currently in the midst of having discussions about it, though they're "not committed."

The New York Times added that both the White House and the Eagles have acknowledged discussions. "We have been in conversations with the Eagles about timing and are working with them to make it happen," White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said. "We hope to have something finalized in the next couple of weeks."

The Eagles also stated through a spokesman that the team is trying to iron out logistics for the photo-op (that's what these things always are, but note how he finishes his statement). "We have been in contact with White House representatives and are currently discussing the logistics of an upcoming visit to Washington," that spokesman said. "We are honored to receive this invitation and view this not only as an opportunity to be recognized for our on-field accomplishments, but also as an opportunity to engage in productive dialogue with the leaders of our country."

As rounded up by CBS News, a number of players from the Super Bowl winning roster have already stated their intentions to avoid a visit (or have at least provided strong evidence that would make you think they're uninterested).

Those players include: defensive end Chris Long (who said he'd skip). Running back LeGarrette Blount, who won with the Patriots in 2016-17 and declined his visit that year because he said he didn't "feel welcome in that house." Safety Malcom Jenkins (who is mentioned in Rapoport's tweet above, also said he'd decline a visit). And wide-out Torrey Smith, who stated that his refusal to go "goes beyond politics."

In previous sports teams (not) going to the White House-news, the Golden State Warriors skipped their visit earlier this year. President Trump rescinded the invitation after it was clear they weren't coming.