Early yesterday, TMZ dropped a bombshell on the sports world. According to a report that they released, 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick allegedly played some kind of role in a sexual assault that took place in Miami earlier this month. Miami police have refused to provide specific details about the alleged assault. But they have said that Kaepernick, 49ers wide receiver Quinton Patton, and Seahawks wide receiver Ricardo Lockette were all questioned in connection with the alleged incident.
However, Kaepernick has now responded to all of the allegations and reports out there and said that he was not involved in a sexual assault in any way. He took to his Twitter account this morning and issued a three-tweet statement in which he denied any wrongdoing:
(1/3) The charges made in the TMZ story and other stories I’ve seen are completely wrong. They make things up about me that never happened.— Colin Kaepernick (@Kaepernick7) April 11, 2014
(2/3) I take great pride in who I am and what I do, but I guess sometimes you have to deal with someone who makes things up.— Colin Kaepernick (@Kaepernick7) April 11, 2014
(3/3) I want to thank all of the people who have shared their encouraging sentiments. I assure you that your faith is not misplaced.— Colin Kaepernick (@Kaepernick7) April 11, 2014
There is still quite a bit that we don't know about the situation. But Kaepernick has now made it clear where he stands here. Continue to stay tuned for more info.