During the Knicks/Timberwolves game on Wednesday night, Tyson Chandler was asked about Kevin Love's defense. And Chandler, who scored 15 points during the contest, didn't pull any punches when he responded.
"He can't play D," Chandler said.
Earlier today, Love was asked about Chandler's assessment. And his response could have gone in any number of directions. He could have said:
- "Tyson's entitled to his opinion."
- "Tyson had a point. I didn't play very good D the other night."
- "I was a little off on Wednesday. My defense could have been better."
- "My legs have been bothering me so I couldn't play my best D."
- "LOL. Doesn't he play for the Knicks?!"
But he didn't say any of those things. Instead, Love offered up a response that was much more…well, just take a look for yourself:
Kevin Love, in response to Tyson Chandler's comments about his defense: "F*** him. I don't give a s***."— Phil Ervin (@PhilErvin) March 7, 2014
HA. And that, ladies and gentleman, is how you answer that question.
It's worth noting that Love and Chandler are friends:
Keep in mind Love and Chandler are buds thanks to USA basketball.— Phil Ervin (@PhilErvin) March 7, 2014
But still. Well played, Kev.
[via Black Sports Online]