We think Global Rallycross has a ton of potential to be a big thing in motorsport. It combines cars that are the closest we're going to get to Group B rally cars with a quick, exciting race format that our short attention spans love and courses that fit into a stadium so that spectators can see the whole race. It's fantastic.
The biggest problem so far has been the lackluster television coverage, but that's about to change. GRC just signed a "multi-year" deal with NBC to televise the entire series. This year's schedule is as follows:
- Top Gear Festival Barbados: Saturday, May 24 (tape delay), 1-2PM ET, NBC
- X Games Austin: Saturday, June 7 (live), ESPN
- Washington, DC: Sunday, June 22 (live), 2-3PM ET, NBC
- New York, NY: Sunday, July 20 (live), 2-3PM ET, NBC
- Charlotte, NC: Saturday, July 26 (live), 2:00-3:00PM ET, NBC
- Detroit, MI: Sunday, August 3 (live), 2-3:30PM ET, NBC
- Daytona, FL: Saturday, August 23 (live), 3:30-4:30PM ET, NBC
- Los Angeles, CA: Saturday, September 20 (live), 5-6PM ET, NBC
- Seattle, WA: Sunday, September 28 (tape delay), 2:30-3:30PM ET, NBC
- Las Vegas, NV: Sunday, November 16 (tape delay), 2-3PM ET, NBC
Set those DVRs.
[via Global Rallycross]