The name speculation was right. And, as you can see, the leaked photos were indeed real images. This is the Huracán LP 610-4, the replacement to the wildly popular Gallardo. The Italians' new V10 rounds out an incredible year, in which they completely rocked the auto world with the Veneno, the Egoista and the Veneno Roadster, a car that shows Lamborghini literally has no roof.
So what is "Huracán? A fighting bull, duh, this is Lamborghini. It was of the Spanish Conte de la Patilla breed and was known for "outstanding courage and a strong sense of attack." The bull fought in Alicante in August 1879. Now let's get to some information that you don't know yet, the specs.
- V10 engine with 610 horsepower (at 8,250 rpm) and 398 lb-ft of torque (at 6,500 rpm)
- 3,135 lbs. thanks to a carbon/aluminum hybrid chassis
- 202mph top speed
- 0-60 in 3.2 seconds and 0-124 mph in 9.9 seconds
- 7-Speed dual clutch transmission
- Electronically controlled four-wheel system and electronic stability control
- Three drive settings: STRADA, SPORT, and CORSA
- "Lamborghini Dynamic Steering" = variable steering ratio system and magneto-rheologic suspension damper control
- Carbon-ceramic brakes
- 12.3-inch TFT color instrument panel
- Nappa leather and Alcantara
- Debuting at the 2014 Geneva Motor Show
- First availability is planned for spring 2014.
Enjoy the new beast in yellow below or in white above: