A (very brief) list of horrific professional wrestling injuries:
- Sid Vicious snapped his leg.
- DRoz was paralyzed.
- Dynamite Kid lost the use of his left leg.
- Stone Cold broke his neck.
- Cactus Jack (Mick Foley) had his ear severed clean off his head.
- Mankind (also Mick Foley) suffered from a multitude of injuries after his infamous Hell in a Cell battle against the Undertaker.
- Chris Benoit had the brain of an 85-year-old Alzheimer's patient. Test's wasn't much healthier. Those traumatic brain injuries that are sweating the NFL are prevalent in the WWE.
- X-Pac tore his butthole open.
That list disregards accidents like Owen Hart's death or a number of post-career problems that result from pain killer addiction. So, sure, any viewer can tell you that they're not really punching one another in the ring. But on the other hand, you can see why they avoid contact. If any more pain was inflicted on these guys, it'd be a televised execution. If you want to continue arguing that wrestling is "fake" like some sort of self-important windbag or '80s comedian, go ahead. Just don't expect us to help you off of the floor after a Ric Flair body slam. Woo!