When you ask the average automotive journalist what tech the average car will have in 10-15 years, he'll tell you to look at the Mercedes S-Class. Apparently, in 2028 the average car will have:
- The cabin will feature two 12.3" touchscreens for the driver and passenger.
- 300 LEDs in the cabin mean the cabin can be lit in seven colors and dimmed in four separate zones.
- It's the first car with no traditional light bulbs.
- Front-mounted cameras scan the road ahead so that the computer controlled suspension knows what's coming.
- The S550 will be powered by a 4.7L twin-turbo V8 that makes 449 horsepower and 516 ft-lbs of torque.
- There will be five different seating arrangements, including reclining rear seats or a business console in the back.
- Four zone climate control.
- Media controls can be accessed from any seat.
- Intelligent headlights shine hi-beams all the time, except at other cars.
- Heated and cooled front and rear seats, steering wheel, and arm rests.
- Stop & Go Pilot keeps you in your lane and travelling at a safe speed in traffic.
- 24-speaker sound system.
Nothing much, just all of that madness.