Have you finished looking at all 43 images above? Is your clicking finger still twitching? Take a breath and settle down. We have some official details for you. The 2014 Corvette Stingray brings an entirely new beast to Chevrolet's history. The C7, which will begin selling in the third quarter of this year, has an entirely new chassis, powertrain, frame structure, and a redesigned interior. For the first time ever, the Corvette frame will be produced in-house at GM’s Bowling Green, KY assembly plant.
The 6.2-liter LT1 V8 engine that will power the new 'Vette is estimated to put out 450 horsepower and 450 lb.-ft. of torque. That's enough to get you to 60 mph in less than four seconds and to claim the name of the most powerful standard Corvette of all time. With power also comes efficiency, as GM is estimating 26 mpg.
Direct from Chevy, new features include:
- An interior that includes real carbon fiber, aluminum and hand-wrapped leather materials, two new seat choices – each featuring a lightweight magnesium frame for exceptional support – and dual eight-inch configurable driver/infotainment screens
- Advanced driver technologies, including a five-position Drive Mode Selector that tailors 12 vehicle attributes to the fit the driver’s environment and a new seven-speed manual transmission with Active Rev Matching that anticipates gear selections and matches engine speed for perfect shifts every time
- An all-new 6.2L LT1 V-8 engine combines advanced technologies, including direct injection, Active Fuel Management, continuously variable valve timing and an advanced combustion system that delivers more power while using less fuel
- Lightweight materials, including a carbon fiber hood and removable roof panel; composite fenders, doors and rear quarter panels; carbon-nano composite underbody panels and a new aluminum frame help shift weight rearward for an optimal 50/50 weight balance that supports a world-class power-to-weight ratio
- A sculptured exterior features advanced high-intensity discharge and light-emitting diode lighting and racing-proven aerodynamics that balance low drag for efficiency and performance elements for improved stability and track capability
- Track-capable Z51 Performance Package including: an electronic limited-slip differential, dry-sump oiling system, integral brake, differential and transmission cooling, as well as a unique aero package that further improves high-speed stability.
Related: The 25 Fastest Corvettes Ever Made