#5: MANNY PACQUIAO KOs RICKY HATTON
Athlete(s) Involved: Manny Pacquiao, light welterweight and Ricky Hatton, light welterweight
• When you start your career at 106 pounds people don't expect you to KO 140-plus pound welterweights years later. But we've all come to expect the unexpected from Pacman—dude's a straight beast. With one left hand in the second round Pacquiao left all of us believing the hype and Hatton with a few hundred less brain cells.
#4: BALLARD TAKES OUT VOKOUN
Athlete(s) Involved: Keith Ballard and Tomas Vokoun, Florida Panthers
• It sucks when you injure yourself celebrating (we see you Bill Gramatica), but it's even worse when you take out a teammate while you're tossing a hissy fit 'cause you effed up. Congratulations Keith Ballard! Now the back-up goalie is going to have to face the slapshots from the opponent that just shredded your lousy defense.
#3: USAIN BOLT SETS RECORD
Athlete(s) Involved: Usain Bolt, Jamaica track team
• Bolt! Never has a sprinter had a more apt name (until I.M. Fast comes along). At last year's Olympics, Bolt was criticized for missing a chance at a world record by hot dogging to the finish line in the 100 meters, but at this year's World Championships he was all business, setting new low times in both the 100 and 200 meters. Usain in the membrane!
#2: DWAYNE WADE DUNKS ON ANDERSON VAREJAO
Athlete(s) Involved: Dwayne Wade, Miami Heat and Anderson Varejao, Cleveland Cavaliers
• Why? Why is the sky blue, why is water wet? Why does Dwyane Wade put the "y" in his name where he does? And why on earth did Anderson Verajao think it would be a good idea to challenge D-Wade on a breakaway? The NBA season's only a month old, but we're thinking this is already the best dunk of the year.
#1: BYU V. NEW MEXICO GIRL FIGHT
Athlete(s) Involved: Elizabeth Lambert, New Mexico and Carlee Payne and Kassidy Shumway, Brigham Young University
• Women have been fighting for equality in sports for decades now, from Billie Jean King being a Title IX advocate back in the '70s to the inaugural WNBA season in 1997. And it's good to see they haven't lost their fighting spirit! Seriously though, what's more hard body: Ms. Lambert yanking homegirl's wig, or her opponent who took that first punch square in the back without complaining? Gangsta, gangsta.
• Complex's Best of 2009: The Top 25 Albums
• Complex's Best of 2009: The Top 25 Movies
• Complex's Best of 2009: The Top 25 Video Games
• Complex's Best of 2009: The Top 25 Hottest Girls
• Complex's Top 100 Sports Moments of the Decade!