We've been anxiously awaiting Mercedes' new S-Class, not only because the S-Class is often viewed as a preview of the technology that will be in Hondas and Fords in 10 years, but also because the new S-Class is being billed as the successor to the now deceased Maybach brand.
Yeah, Rick Ross might have to change it to S-Class Music Group, which admittedly does not have the same ring to it.
We know that the new S is going to be bringing on not just new technology, but also new luxury features like hot stone massage seats in the front and back, aromatherapy, and reclining rear seats in the Pullman model, but the full list of this car's features has yet to be released.
Update: We have now received the largest press release we've ever seen from Mercedes, and have rounded up some of the highlights for you:
- The cabin will feature two 12.3" touchscreens for the driver and passenger.
- 300 LEDs in the cabin mean the cabin can be lit in seven colors and dimmed in four separate zones.
- It's the first car with no traditional light bulbs.
- Front mounted cameras scan the road ahead so that the computer controlled suspension knows what's coming.
- The S550 will be powered by a 4.7L twin-turbo V8 that makes 449 horsepower and 516 ft-lbs of torque.
- There will be five different seating arrangements, including reclining rear seats or a business console in the back.
- Four zone climate control.
- Media controls can be accessed from any seat.
- Intelligent headlights shine hi-beams all the time, except at other cars.
- Heated and cooled front and rear seats, steering wheel, and arm rests.
- Stop & Go Pilot keeps you in your lane and travelling at a safe speed in traffic.
- 24 speaker sound system.
Update: Added two more photos of the interior.
Related: The 15 Coolest Factory Interiors Right Now
Related: Why Hip-Hop Couldn't Save Maybach
[via upcomingvehiclessx on Flickr and Mercedes-Benz]