If a car does manage to accelerate so violently that the front wheel lift off the ground a few things happen that aren't happening in this photo:
- The rear tires press down hard onto the pavement. Daylight cannot be seen in between the tread.
- The front suspension hangs low and relaxed, unlike the loaded suspension pictured.
- The bottoms of the front tires don't pixelate for no reason.
- Race tires are used. Street tires don't have nearly enough grip to do this.
- The sidewalls of the rear tires get severely stressed.
- Smoke is generated.
The sad thing is that the Shelby 1000 could probably actually do this, but the people at Shelby were too lazy to actually make it happen. LAME!
[via USA Today]