Following the shooting death of a Narcos location scout in central Mexico earlier this month, headlines have shifted from the popular Netflix coke drama's recently released third season to the potential safety issues facing future productions. Series star Pedro Pascal was annoyed at Los Angeles International Airport by TMZ Sunday, reaffirming the filmmakers' commitment to keeping everyone on the show safe.

"It's a tragedy," Pascal said when asked about Mexican location scout Carlos Muñoz Portal, who was shot to death while scouting for Narcos season 4. As for the future of the show, Pascal stated what should be obvious enough to not need explaining at all. "They can't do it if it's not safe," he said. "We're talking about lives... If they wanna do it, they'll figure it out in a safe way."

The death, which is still under investigation, was confirmed by Netflix in a press release shortly after reports of the veteran scout's death started to surface. "We are aware of the passing of Carlos Muñoz Portal, a well-respected location scout, and send our condolences to his family," Netflix said. "The facts surrounding his death are still unknown as authorities continue to investigate." Carlos Muñoz Portal's previous credits included Fast & Furious and Sicario.​

The controversy surrounding the shooting death has also shined a light on previous trademark claims made against the series by Pablo Escobar's brother, who spoke with the Hollywood Reporter last week and doubled down on his $1 billion request. Roberto De Jesus Escobar Gaviria also advised that Netflix hire "hitmen" to work on the series' security detail.