A Kansas woman who's severely lacking in the common sense department was arrested on Friday for setting a small fire at a duplex to kill a spider.
Around 1:36 a.m. Friday morning, the Hutchinson Fire Department received a call about the fire. They arrived to find smoke coming from 34-year-old Ginny M. Griffith's portion of the duplex. According to the Hutchinson News, Griffith started the blaze by igniting towels with a cigarette lighter in a haphazard attempt to end the spider's life.
Though the building suffered just minor damage and no injuries were reported, Griffith was charged with aggravated arson because there were people present in the other half of the duplex.
No word on if she actually killed the spider.
[via Hutchinson News]
Send tips, photos and news developments to firstname.lastname@example.org.