As anyone who has ever walked down the aisle can tell you, weddings are an expensive proposition. There’s food, drinks, entertainment, and all sorts of additional ancillary costs.
On Game of Thrones, they really blow things out for their weddings. That means high costs and, more often than not, a high body count. Daily Dot did some research into all the expenses, and has given us a breakdown of the total cost of each of the show’s weddings.
In order, here they are:
- Daenerys Targaryen and Khal Drogo: $8.6 million. Kind of surprising for a wedding in the middle of the desert, but this one simply had a ton of people in attendance. Even if you don’t have tables or nice facilities, simply feeding all those people is going to set you back.
- Robb Stark and Talisa Maegyr: $503.67. Don’t do it! It’s not going to end well! The only actual cost of this wedding was the fee for the guy who married them, considering they just performed the ceremony in the middle of the woods next to a tree.
- Tyrion Lannister and Sansa Stark: $128,000. They didn’t want to get married. The Lannisters didn’t want to put on a nice wedding. In a weird way, it makes sense. Plus, nobody died (apart from a bunch of Tyrion’s brain cells due to his blackout), so maybe this more modest approach is the way to go?
- Edmure Tully and Roslin Frey: $7.1 million. The infamous “Red Wedding.” Included: hitmen for 3500 people. Not included: blood cleanup.
- Joffrey Baratheon and Margaery Tyrell: $10.3 million. The “Purple Wedding,” which barely went any better than the Red Wedding. But how about that pigeon pie? Pretty impressive, no?
[via Daily Dot]