The first major Xbox One update that was set for today has been delayed until later in the week. But new information about features and improvement have been revealed about the second part of the update set to drop in March.
While this week's update will include such bare-bones improvements has a battery charge indicator, USB keyboard support and the ability to manage storage. The March update appears to be focused on improving your friend relations. Here are some detailed improvements coming in March as posted on Xbox Wire:
- Get to your friends list faster. The friends list will be front and center on the homepage of the Friends app. Click the Social tile on Home, or say "Xbox, go to Friends" to see who's online and what they're up to. From there you can quickly send messages and get into a party.
- Party chat will be turned on by default. When you party up, chat audio will be turned on by default.
- Chat with friends playing different games. Party chat will be separated from people playing your game, so you can chat with your friends who are online or you can chat with everyone playing the game.
- We're adding an "Invite friends to game" option to your multiplayer titles moving forward. Similar to Xbox 360 titles, this will appear inside a games' menu and offer a simple and quicker way to set up your multiplayer battles. Selecting "Invite friends" will let you invite friends to your game and party.
- We're adding "Recent Players." This is a simple list that shows you Xbox Live members you've recently played with, making it easier to stay in touch with people, or add new friends after your multiplayer battles.
As well as party features Microsoft says its continually going to improve the Kinect voice functions and many of the behind the scenes tweaks to get more out of the system. The March release is set just ahead of exclusive title Titanfall.
[Via Xbox Wire]