There are just some actors who you assume have won Oscars, but the fact of the matter is, film's most prestigious of awards has eluded even some of the most A-list of A-list thespians. Yes, being nominated for an Academy Award is a fine honor, but, hello, you play to win the game. What we have here, courtesy of Buzz60, is a list of five unlucky people, 39 nominations, and no wins whatsoever. Here's a breakdown:
- Glenn Close, from 1987's Fatal Attraction has been nominated six times.
- Brad Pitt, who wonderfully played Lt. Aldo Raine in Inglourious Basterds, has been nominated five times. But, he could get his first on March 2 for 12 Years a Slave.
- Tom Cruise, a.k.a., Ethan Hunt, has been nominated three times.
- Leonardo DiCaprio, probably the most surprising on this list, has been nominated five times. DiCaprio can win his first on March 2 also. He was nominated for his performance in The Wolf of Wall Street.
- Sound mixer, Kevin O'Connell, (Armageddon, Transformers, Pearl Harbor) has been nominated 20 times without winning.