1 medium delicata squash
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
1 tablespoon Crown Royal Maple Finished Whisky
1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Heat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. With a sharp knife, cut the stem end of the delicata squash off until it reveals the inside of the squash. Using a spoon, scrape the seeds and pulp out of the squash. Cut the squash into ½ inch rings and transfer to a large baking dish and lay flat.
3. In a small frying pan over medium heat, melt the butter until it just begins to brown. Whisk in the brown sugar and Crown Royal Maple Finished Whisky. Stir until the sugar has mostly dissolved.
4. Pour the butter/sugar mixture over the squash, coating each piece evenly. Season with the salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
5. Roast for 25-30 minutes or until the squash is tender and golden brown. Serve immediately.