As an apology for a shaky start and tons of bugs in the launch of the multiplayer component of Grand Theft Auto V earlier this month, Rockstar Games said that all gamers who played during October could expect a hefty cash infusion into their characters Grand Theft Auto Online accounts by the end of October. But it looks like it's going to take a bit longer than expected.

Rockstar said that it would not release the $500,000 stimulus package until it has fixed a majority of the bugs still plaguing the game, many of which are exploits that allow characters to get tons of free cash.

The Rockstar Newswire explains:

"We hope to have an update for you on that very soon. As others have mentioned here, we of course want to make sure player progress loss issues are addressed before providing everyone with their GTA$500K. Thanks for your patience and please stay tuned."

Rockstar's plan is to drop two $250,000 cash bombs on all players who participated in the October fun-fest that was the non-functioning or only partly functioning Grand Theft Auto Online. The developer hopes to have all the bugs fixed before November 1 so it can avoid giving away more cash to players who start in a new month.

RELATED: 10 Features You May Have Missed in 'Grand Theft Auto V (5)' Online

RELATED: 10 Steps to Ensure Your Survival in 'Grand Theft Auto V (5) Online'

RELATED: Rockstar Is Sorry For "GTA Online" Launch: Makes It Rain GTA$

[Via GamePolitics]