Apple just finished the iPhone 5c portion of their Apple iPhone Event. There have been some exciting announcements regarding the new phone.
Here is a confirmation of the following known features for iPhone 5C:
- Back and side are made from the same plastic part.
- Comes in green, white, blue, pink and yellow.
- The screen is one glass multitouch surface.
- Built with a new construction method that uses a steel-reinforced structure.
- Utilizes a 4-inch retina display, same as the iPhone 5.
- Inside is an A6 chip, also the same as the iPhone 5.
- 8 Megapixel, 3x zoom video camera and new HD video for Facetime.
- Up to 110 Megabytes per second download speed
- Features dual-band WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0
- Pre-order on September 13th, for purchase on September 20th.
- 16 GB Model priced at $99, 32 GB Model priced at $199
While this certaintly isn't something that Steve Jobs would have likely done, it's definitely a good conciet that Apple is attempting to make their products more accessible to a larger audience. Given its slew of new features and reasonable price point, we wouldn't be surprised if the iPhone 5C outsells the iPhone 5S for the smartphone hopeful on a budget.