The 2013 Primetime Emmy broadcast is still a week away, but a handful were given out tonight at the Creative Emmys, held in the Nokia theater in L.A. Most notably:
- Comedy/sitcom veteran (and in some cases, pioneer) Bob Newhart finally snagged his first statue (Guest Actor in a Comedy Series, The Big Bang Theory)
- Scandal's Dan Bucatinsky (James) beat out Homeland's Rupert Friend, and Harry Hamlin/Robert Morse for Mad Men for Guest Actor in a Drama.
- In an even more unprecedent result, Carrie Preston (Arlene on True Blood) came out ahead of Jane Fonda (Newsroom), Diana Rigg (Game of Thrones) and Margo Martindale (The Americans) for Guest Actress.
- Melissa Leo won for her hilarious guest appearance on season three of Louie, as she should have.
- The Emmy for Lighting Design/Lighting Direction For A Variety, Music, Or Comedy Special went to Beyoncé's Super Bowl halftime show, which, if you remember what happened immediately after that, is hilarious.
Check out the full list of winners here, and keep it locked for the results of the Primetime Emmys next week.