"There's never been a better time to be a geek."
At least, that's what YouTube thinks, and they'll be living up to their word August 4th to 10th when they launch their first ever 'Geek Week'. In a blog post, YouTube says that many of their own channels cater to geek culture, and they'll be showcasing over a hundred different channels on themed days during the celebration. "YouTube has become a top destination for fans everywhere to create, share and watch geek content," the company says.
So, what's on the menu? Starting that Sunday, YouTube will serve up:
- Blockbuster Sunday: Iconic characters, movies and shows that define "geek culture."
- Global Geekery Monday: Anime from Tokyo, comic book heroes from Delhi, and a celebration of "Doctor Who."
- Brainiac Tuesday: Science, education and knowledge channels.
- Super Wednesday: Superheroes and the supernatural.
- Gaming Thursday: Self-explanatory, but with a Guinness World Records gaming attempt live stream from the U.K.
- Fan Friday: Sci-fi-themed cooking, incredible cosplay and impassioned nerd debates
In other words, it's not entirely everything geek, just everything geek in how it relates to YouTube. Should be a blast, still.