Last week, Chinese police announced the death of Ma Ailun, who was electrocuted when she took a call on her iPhone 5 while it was charging. The 23-year-old was from Xinjiang, the western region of China and a flight attendant with China Southern Airlines. China is the second biggest market for Apple products but sales have been in decline since the tragedy went viral once Ma’s sister tweeted about the death of her sister.

According to Reuters, “Ma’s sister tweeted on Sina’s microblog saying that Ma collapsed and died after using her charging iPhone 5 and urged to be careful, a message that went viral on the site.”

The best way to avoid this issue would be to unplug your phone when you want to use it and take care of the wires that come with each product properly.

Apple has declined to comment on the case but announced that they “will fully investigate and cooperate with authorities in this matter.”

[via Reuters]