Three cafeteria workers at Highland Park High School in Chicago were hospitalized after a sneaky, yet short-sighted teenager mixed extremely potent hot sauce with the cafeteria's marinara supply. The incident took place last month, and the fumes from "Da Bomb" hot sauce were so strong that the workers had to be hospitalized.
Natalie Kaplan, spokeswoman for the school, said that multiple staff and students reported negative reactions to the sauce, such as "coughing, wheezing, shortness of breath and skin rashes." The 15-year-old culprit reportedly snuck into the cafeteria during the first lunch period to make the switch. His actions were discovered after another student who tasted the sauce informed staff, who began experiencing adverse effects after sampling it for themselves.
The student, whose name has not yet been released, was arrested and charged with misdemeanor battery. Curious as to how hot Da Bomb hot sauce is? Its strongest version is as powerful as pepper spray used by law enforcement. The school isn't playing any games after this—they installed security cameras in the cafeteria.