Designed by Cross & Cross, better known for the RCA Victor Building, the tower features a large medal prominently located on all four sides. The award is a replica of the Imperial Cross of the Legion of Honour, bestowed by Emperor Napoleon III to Frank Chickering in 1867. The medal eventually became part of the company logo and thus ended up on the tower.