Because celebrating the New Year wouldn’t be complete without another Justice League rumor, Cosmic Book News just posted a story detailing what the team roster will look like for Warner Brothers’ upcoming superhero ensemble piece. Again, we're taking this with a grain of salt, but these details definitely sound logical. Here is the proposed roster so far, with some details for their on-screen personalities:
• Superman: is essentially the same character from Man of Steel, and Zack Snyder is consulting regarding the writing of the character.
• Batman: The strategist of the group. Batman doesn't really want to be involved with these super powered beings he considers too powerful. Easily the most complex written.
• Wonder Woman: She has only been in man's world a few short months. The Wonder Woman script Michael Goldenberg is developing will be set before the Justice League movie.
• Green Lantern: Will be Ryan Reynold's character from the Green Lantern movie, but will be freshly written with a more serious tone.
• Flash: The most popular hero in civilian eyes who loves media attention, but when called upon is very serious.
• Martian Manhunter: Alien who has lived on Earth in secret for over a hundred years who has knowledge of Darkseid and his reign.
• Aquaman: Will be the King of Atlantis who has a key role in the film.
The site also had some plot details for the movie as well:
• There will also be a heavy military presence in the film which in future rewrites could include characters featured in Man of Steel or even Amanda Waller (Angela Bassett) of which neither are included in the first draft.
• Alfred Pennyworth is in the film in a minor appearance.
• Lois Lane is also in the film in a cameo.
• Darkseid's Elite will be featured who go up against the Justice League early on in the film.
If this roster is accurate, it’s pretty much the same squad that debuted in the pages of DC’s The Brave and the Bold in 1960 when the team first formed in the comics. It still remains to be seen how/if this movie will be influenced by Man of Steel and Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy, but these rumored details sound pretty spot-on to us so far. What do you think?
RELATED: The 10 Best Comic Books Of 2012
[via Cosmic Book News]