The latest Minecraft update, the 1.4 "Pretty Scary" patch for Halloween, has been delayed due to an unfortunate and rather tragic bug that sent mobs spiraling through the floor as they fought to catch their breaths. Seriously, according to Mojang's Nathan "Dinnerbone" Adams, animals and monsters were suffocating within Minecraft's pixelated world.
Thankfully, the delay only lasts a day; Minecraft 1.4 was meant to come out on Wednesday, but instead it'll drop on Thursday, giving Mojang the time to iron out this bug.
The Minecraft 1.4 update brings the following fixes:
- Fixed mobs glitching through wooden floors
- Fixed players glitching through Beacons
- Fixed Redstone Repeaters getting stuck in ‘on’ state
- Bats spawn less frequently
- A number of minor font fixes
- Activated the Wither painting
- Fixed wet wolves looking way too scary
- Tweaked naming costs in the Anvil
- Tweaked enchantment points reward for smelting
- Fixed bug that allowed any item to be placed in the armor slots
- Fixed mob spawners spawning too quickly
Also, there are witches. And is that a three-headed skeleton? And there's got to be something about Herobrine in there, too, unless ya'll have gotten sick of beating that particular dead horse.
Don't forget about the contest to win a foam pickaxe signed by the devs—just submit the scariest screenshot you can take to Hej Mojang.