With the entrance on the long side, the blocky mass on the corner of 30th and Lexington breaks from the rules common to most Greek temples. The structure’s numerous exaggerated formal expressions make for a striking amalgamation of styles. Because of the building’s size, one would suspect that the building was built as a bank. But the building that would come to house Touro College was built in 1908 as the home for the New York School of Applied Design for Women.