A three-year-old boy from Murrietta, Calif., was hospitalized on Saturday after mistaking his Grandmom’s weed cookies for regular chocolate chip cookies. The woman’s doctor had suggested marijuana to ease her pain following her cancer diagnosis, so she decided to bake the THC oil into cookies, which were hidden in the garage refrigerator. Little did she know just how far her grandson would go for some cookies.

After the boy slept from 5 p.m. until 9:30 a.m. the next day, the family realized he might’ve found the special cookies, and they called the police. He was taken to the hospital and later released. Should toxicology reports show marijuana byproducts in his system, the family could face child endangerment charges.

Grandmom says she’ll never bake weed cookies again, but she has to fight that pain and lack of sleep somehow.

RELATED: The Most Ratchet News Stories of March, April, May and June.

[via The Press-Enterprise]