It’s safer to stay away from hallucinogenic drugs such as bath salts and “magic” mushrooms. Case in point: A Florida teenager shot himself in the forehead while tripping off 'shrooms because he thought it would wake him up.
17-year-old Steve Tilbury fell asleep after taking 'shrooms with his friends, and although he woke up, he “felt like it wasn’t real.” Thinking he was dreaming, he went into his parents’ bedroom, retrieved a .22-caliber rifle, and shot himself in the head.
Realizing that shit was real and had just gotten realer, Tilbury did his best to clean up the mess and tend to his wound. He managed to make it outside and happened upon a stranger who took him to the hospital. Miraculously, doctors were able to remove the bullet and Tilbury survived. He says he isn’t suicidal, insisting that he just wanted to wake up from the “bad nightmare.”
Despite what Super Mario Bros. taught us as kids, mushrooms are not your friend.