This is fun. Got mad doodling skills? Want to work for Google? The company recently posted a job opening for a full-time "Doodler" at its Mountain View, California headquarters.
A a Doodler, you would be responsible for imagining and illustrating new doodles for the Google homepage, a beloved feature of the site that has only increased in popularity in recent years.
"First impressions matter. Every day, hundreds of millions of online users visit the Google homepage," the job posting reads. "As a Product Graphic Designer/Illustrator, more commonly known as a "Doodler," you have the world's best platform to showcase your stylistic skills -- as well as your sense of humor, love of all things historical and imaginative artistry. From Jules Verne to Pac-Man, you have the reins to our brand and iconic logo and can run free with your innovative ideas. Go forth and doodle!"
Responsibilities and qualifications below. Applications go here.
Draw, design, and/or animate the highly visible Google homepage doodles.
- Come up with consistently excellent creative ideas within the constraints of the our logo.
- Manage complex collaborative projects from idea, to executive pitches, to final execution in a fast-paced environment.
- Design illustrations both digitally and traditionally and in a wide range of artistic styles with great attention to detail.
BFA. In lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant experience.
Freehand illustration skills and a wide range of artistic styles.
- Ability to translate conceptual direction into amazing works of art.
- Ability to work collaboratively and apply creative feedback in a team environment.
- Comfort with digital and traditional media.
- Knowledge of animation fundamentals.
- Online portfolio/reel.