New details about the highly anticipated PC port of the nefariously difficult Dark Souls have emerged from the game's new official site. We already knew from the first trailer (above) that there'd be new bosses, but other new elements, including new enemies, weapons, and, most significantly, online matchmaking, are news to us.
Here's the full list of known new content:
- New Bosses - Including Artorias of Abyss, Chimera of Tomb, and more
- PVP Online Matchmaking System - Quick matching for co-op or PVP
- New Areas – Including Oolacile Tomb, Old Ruins and more
- New Enemies – Including Abyss Guard, Chained Prisoner and more
- New NPCs – Including Hawkeye Gough and more
- New Weapons and Armor – Equip some from the new bosses, enemies, and NPCs
PVP and co-op gameplay were previously accomplished using finicky in-game items that could be dropped on the ground and picked up by other playersr. The addition of online matchmaking should make it even easier to connect with allies and enemies, alleviating many gamers' main complaint with the last game.
Do you have any other issues with the original that you'd like to see addressed? Let us know in the comments or on Twitter.