Mass Effect 3 is one of the most anticipated games coming in 2012 and today, we have even more reasons to be excited. The swag included in the N7 Collector's Edition has been announced and in addition to the standard inclusions—like the art book, comic and digital soundtrack—you can enjoy an in-game robotic puppy, an N7 hoodie for Shepard and alternate outfits for your squadmates. On the possibly controversial side, the $80 edition also includes a downloadable mission and an additional character, which could anger fans of the game if that content is exclusive. It's possible, however, that they may offer the bonus character and mission in the form of a purchasable DLC post launch. Overall, the N7 Collector's Edition comes packed with goodies and it appears that leaving out the obligatory statue allows BioWare to sell it for significantly less than the $150 bundles we've been seeing. Here is full list of toys from the Mass Effect 3 website and a trailer showing them off:
- Premium metal case featuring commemorative artwork of Commander Shepard.
- 70-page hardbound art book featuring hundreds of unique and gorgeous illustrations from the BioWare development team.
- Limited edition Mass Effect comic by Dark Horse Comics, complete with unique cover artwork.
- Join the ranks of the N7 with the premium fabric N7 patch.
- Exclusive 4x6 lithographic print featuring a one-of-a-kind piece of artwork.
- A full collection of in-game content that can’t be found anywhere else!
- N7 Arsenal Pack – Bring the firepower with the N7 Sniper Rifle, Shotgun, SMG, and Pistol.
- Robotic Dog – A faithful sidekick to keep you company on board the Normandy.
- Squadmate Alternate Outfit Pack – New appearances for your favorite squad members.
- N7 Hoodie – For Commander Shepard’s casual days on board the Normandy.
- Relive all the greatest moments of Mass Effect 3 with the digital soundtrack.
- Xbox LIVE Normandy prop for your Avatar. (Available on Xbox 360 version only.)
- Display your initiation in the N7 ranks with a collection of forum and social badges, avatars, and perks.