Our favorite music festival, Coachella, goes down this weekend in Indio, California. With all due respect to Lollapalooza and Bonnaroo, we'd prefer some Cali sun in April to Tennessee and Chicago in the summer (not to mention Jay-Z, the Gorillaz, Pavement, and Wale—yes, Wale!).
And while camping is the big thing at music festivals, if you're like us, you need a little city-fication in your life. Which is where Palm Springs comes in. Located 26 miles east of Indio, it's the closest big city to Coachella, and a worthy destination in itself for most of the year (we ain't really fuckin' with that desert heat in the summer, dry or not). So this week the Complex City Guide is goin' back to Cali, starting with the best places to stay in Palm Springs...
Renaissance Palm Springs
888 Tahquitz Canyon Way
• As a branch of the Marriott, it's arguably the hottest upscale hotel in the city. And if you're trying to impress a lady-friend, its romantic vistas and outdoor pool provide the most relaxing ways to end a crazy day. Plus, its downtown location surely gives you more to do if the festival doesn't suck all the energy outta you.
Andreas Hotel and Spa
227 North Indian Canyon Drive
• Coming to the Andreas is like coming home, and the hotel staff aims to make you feel that way. Much of the cozy hotel was hand-done, to reflect its family-founded roots, and its amenities—poolside jacuzzi, pillow-top beds, and outdoor gas fireplaces—encourage you to unwind the day.
Spa Resort and Casino
100 North Indian Canyon Drive
• For some reason, you can't be in the California desert without having a casino within a five-mile radius of your location. But usually, there's nothing else within a five-mile radius of that casino. Enter: Spa Resort and Casino. The self-descriptive hotel is situated in the heart of downtown Palm Springs, right in the middle of the go-to strip of bars and restaurants to hit up once you hit the jackpot in the casino.
Desert Riviera Hotel
610 E. Palm Canyon Drive
• The number-one ranked spot in the city gets much of its reputation from its exceptional hospitality services. We hear there's a chance that they'd even offer you a cold beer once they see you step outta the sun and into their lobby. Not to mention, they offer guests complimentary limo rides. A-List treatment for no-list people like us? We're already booked for the rest of our life.
• CLICK HERE TO SEE MORE COMPLEX CITY GUIDE POSTS!