The world of cable TV can be a rough place without someone telling you what to watch. It's easy to waste hours channel surfing and trying to sort through all the crappy programming. Plus if you're not careful, you can fall into the quicksand of a sitcom marathon and before you know it you're knee-deep in bad jokes and hearing a laugh track in your sleep.
So save yourself the headache and just watch our well-rounded TV schedule in today's Complex TV Picks...
SPORTS: LAKERS VS. HEAT, TNT, 8 PM
• The last time the Heat played the Lakers, Kobe sunk a buzzer-beating three to win the game 108-107. The Heat look to avenge that heartbreaking defeat tonight, and this time it's going down in the 305.
DOCUMENTARY: FAMOUS CRIME SCENES, VH1, MIDNIGHT
• John Lennon is a lot like Che Guevara, in that a lot of high school kids have posters and t-shirts with his picture and don't know shit about him. So for those of you who weren't alive when he died, get some knowledge tonight as VH1 examines the events surrounding John Lennon's tragic murder.
COMEDY: THE OFFICE, NBC, 9 PM
• The Office finally returns with a new, hour-long episode tonight. Since it's all about Pam giving birth, there's unfortunately a high potential for a lot of Jim and Pam mushiness. Apologies in advance if this is a corny episode, even though we know you secretly like that kind of stuff. Also, since you're only tuning in to NBC once a week, go ahead and check out Community and Parks And Recreation at 8 and 8:30.
REALITY: MANHUNTERS: FUGITIVE TASK FORCE, A&E, 10 PM
• New Jersey's finest, oxymoron not intended, hunt after a member of the Latin Kings in tonight's episode of Manhunters. And for all you crime geeks, also check out a new First 48 at 9.
MOVIE: OFFICE SPACE, COMEDY CENTRAL, 8 PM
• Who hasn't had the urge to grab something from work and smash it in a field? Although we were thinking more along the lines of the cutie who works across the hall, not the copy machine. This movie's a classic and don't forget, it comes complete with Jennifer Aniston in her prime.