So you know where to stay and you know where to eat. Bully for you. But the night's not done, so go out and tear it up in Indianapolis. Wait, stop laughing! Seriously, it may not have a party-town reputation, but them Indy boys been gettin' it in for a long time, and they know how it's done. Crack a bottle and let your body wobble at our five favorite places to party in Indianapolis...
6319 Guilford Ave.
• The Broad Ripple spot boasts a DJ rotation that's among the best in Nap, with the city's most crucial reggae night on Sundays and Scott Matelic and Action Jackson holding it down with Wednesday's always-trill OMG! party. Keep it underground, fam. Literally. Shit's in the basement! Also, on Thursdays they have a special on something called "staggermeisters." We don't know what that is, but sounds like it gets you fucked the fuck up. Complex-approved!
DORMAN STREET SALOON
901 N. Dorman St
• An old staple that's experiencing a new upswing. The neighborhood bar in the Cottage Home district used to be known as May's Place, but now it's got a famed jukebox (everything from Portishead to Hank Williams) and has expanded its appeal (and its beer list) to become the Cheers of the whole damn city.
815 East Westfield Blvd.
• Open for grown-and-sexy dinner, then DJs hold down the party crowd. Generally the best weekend nights in the city as far as hip-hop goes, with the city's O.G. DJ Topspeed holding down Saturdays. Broad Ripple FTW. Again.
812 Broad Ripple Ave.
• We know, we know. The name could use some work, word to the Meatpacking District, but if you want to get it in hipster style with cheap PBRs and mustaches, this is the spot for you. What is it with all the saloons, anyway? We keep waiting for Yosemite Sam to come in and order a boilermaker. No Purdue.
6259 North College Ave.
• You know what they say: Once a movie theater and then a porn theater, always a movie and porn theater. Except in the case of the Vogue, which has been the place to see live music in Indy for more than 30 years. You can also get your white-people dance party on if you want, but we'll stick to Mastodon shows. Or something like that.