At Complex, we start the weekend on Monday, but if your fun is beginning on a Thursday night, be sure to record all the banging TV you'll want to catch up on when you're nursing your third consecutive hangover on Sunday (you know, before you watch the Super Bowl and get completely obliterated again). Here's what we recommend you tune in for.
REALITY: FIGHT SCIENCE: FIGHT LIKE AN ANIMAL, NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC, 9 PM ET
• Ever wonder if kung fu fighters whose styles are inspired by snakes, monkeys, and tigers can match the quickness, agility, or strength of their animal counterparts? Wonder no more. Thanks, Nat Geo.
DRAMA: FRINGE, FOX, 9 PM ET
• In the winter finale of J.J. Abrams' sci-fi show, a strange seismic disaster in Manhattan has less to do with geology than some really weird, freaky shit. And no, we don't mean something going on at a peep booth.
SITCOM: ARCHER, FX, 10 PM ET
• On his latest assignment, our favorite animated asshole spy has to recover a blackmail video from a rogue Cuban agent using his powers of seduction and (hot man-on-man) action. We expect numerous pauses for laughter. [Also worth watching/recording tonight: Community (NBC, 8 p.m. e.t.); Parks and Recreation (NBC, 8:30 p.m. e.t.); Kathy Bates on The Office (NBC, 9 p.m. e.t.); 30 Rock (NBC, 9:30 p.m. e.t.); second-season premier of Important Things with Dmitri Martin (Comedy Central, 10 p.m. e.t.); third season premiere of Sarah Silverman Program (Comedy Central, 10:30 p.m. e.t.)]
MOVIE: THE UNTOUCHABLES, AMC, 8 PM ET
• Brian De Palma's Prohibition period piece about FBI agent Eliott Ness (Kevin Costner) and his ragtag group of crime fighters trying to take down booze boss Al Capone (Robert De Niro) is bloody good gangster fun. Enjoy it with a stiff drink! Ayo!
SPORTS: MIAMI HEAT VS. CLEVELAND CAVALIERS, TNT, 8 PM ET
• Dwyane Wade's Heat have lost their last four games in Cleveland, but whenever he and Team USA running buddy LeBron James face off, they one-up each other and wow. There is, however, nobody who can even approach the greatness of NBA analyst Charles Barkley when he's saying whatever the fuck he feels like on TNT.