Even if you don't watch Comedy Central, we're pretty sure you heard about the showdown between CNBC's Mad Money host Jim Cramer and The Daily Show's Jon Stewart. Long story short, Jon called Jim's bluff, saying that he, along with other television talking heads, weren't doing their job because they should have been able to predict the economy was going to fall apart and in turn tell their viewers what was about to go down. After throwing a couple darts Jon's way, Cramer actually agreed to appear on the show to defend himself (and promote his new book).
What followed wasn't pretty. Remember when Kimbo Slice got knocked out by Seth Petruzelli? It was kinda like that, except it went on for an entire episode. While we feel bad for Cramer, he could take comfort in knowing that this type of thing happens (almost) everyday. Take a look at five other instances of people getting straight owned on news talk shows...
MICHAEL ERIC DYSON vs ANDREW BREITBART
• Background: On the March 13th episode of "Real Time with Bill Maher", conservative author Andrew Breitbart attempts to defend Rush Limbaugh, saying that he is not a racist. He could have possibly gotten away with that if the other guest was Flava Flav, but as luck would have it, Michael Eric Dyson was seated to his right and promptly got in that ass. Pause.
CHRISTOPHER HITCHENS vs RALPH REED
• Background:After the death of the esteemed Reverend Falwell, author Christopher Hitchens (who has made his dislike for Falwell very public) appears on the show, for some reason, to discuss his life. Chris wasn't having that. When finally allowed to speak, Hitchens lets the shots fly leaving Republican strategist Ralph Reed to duck for cover.
JON STEWART vs TUCKER CARLSON
• Background: After accusing shows like Crossfire of hurting the public with it's "partisan hackery," Jon Stewart nuts up and appears on the show to go head to head with Mr. Bowtie about journalistic integrity.
CHRIS MATTHEWS vs KEVIN JAMES
• Background:We're not sure why the RNC let Kevin James go against Chris Matthews (he does this, mane!) but we're pretty positive dude will not be appearing as a talking head after he got verbally savaged.
CAM'RON vs BILL O'REILLY
• Background: An inner city elementary school principal goes on the O'Reilly factor to talk about the negative effect of gangster rap on his students. Because, you know, the 'hood would be so much better without rap. To defend rap, Bill calls on Killa Cam and Dame Dash. U maaaad?