Past and future (it's coming soon!) cover subject Kanye West told NYMAG yesterday that he hired two writers to help him out on his blog on a daily basis. Shocker Alert? Not so much. We know that between photoshoots, fashion shows, and um'lest we forget'being one of the best rappers and producers in hip-hop, it isn't possible that 'Ye's been logging on for a full day's work of blogging so regularly.
The question now is, who are these mystery people that are cool hunting furniture, kicks and chicks for Mr. West? Although we haven't received confirmation from anyone, we've got a few guesses about who might know their way around Martin Louie the King Jr.'s Wordpress. Read on for our 5 (comedic) guesses on who's getting the job done...
• There has been a lot of speculation that Canadian-based tastemaker Marcus Troy is in fact Kanye's ghost-writer. The alert level rose just last week when Troy posted pictures of himself fondling the first colorway of the Yeezy's, which were only gifted to people in the Kanye West inner circle, like manager/paparazzi camera-smasher Don C. and hair consultant Ibn Jasper. MT hasn't confirmed that he's the valedictorian of Kanye University, but a lot of people feel he's the front runner.
• When it comes to cool hunting, Josh Spear's site www.joshspear.com claims to be a staple, and to give credit where it's due, it was one of the first. Like West, Spear posts odd things like umbrellas and other things normal males would have trouble locating and purchasing. Unlike Mr. West, Spear has average Internet "influencer" taste. *Shots*. Hahaha see you at the next TED.
• Take one look at Rev. Run's son's website, aptly titled "Life Of A Jet Setter," and it's evident that the brother of Team Blackout's front man could be Kanye's blogger-for-hire. We're pegging the pint-sized Simmons for his suspect (and crazily similar) headlines like "What ever floats your boat" for the Sperry x Band Of Outsider boat shoes and "SIMPLY DOPE!" to describe LED Shower Doors.
• Sure he's a style general, but adding lightning bolts and choosing all black for every collaborative project he gets involved with allows Hiroshi ample time to do nothing all day. He's the face of Honyee, so you know he can work a computer terminal, and "HF" kicks it inside design headquarters all over the world. The dude has access. Wait, hold on! What if Jeff Staple is ghostwriting Hiroshi's posts that he ghostwrites for Kanye? Blogspot triangle madness.
KEVIN MA, HYPEBEAST
• How many times in the last few months has Kanye said he's the walking Hypebeast? Several. So if that's really true, could the mystery blogger be Kevin Ma? The founder/EIC of Hypebeast is a walking Hypebeast (if A then B). Is Kevin using Kanye's site to promote his own? Are we looking at a content share deal here? Hmm.
WHO DO YOU THINK KANYE'S BLOG GHOSTWRITER IS? TELL US YOUR BEST GUESS IN THE COMMENT SECTION BELOW.