In his weekly column, rapper John Brown'the self-proclaimed "King Of Da Burbz"'will be offering his insight into politics and current events to the Complex readers. Check out "Politickin With John Brown" every Thursday.
So the controversy surrounding Obama's Senate seat replacement has finally cooled off and, frankly, Blagojevich made a shrewd decision in picking Burris. The so-called "Blag-gate" fiasco was merely a reverse-psychology strategy to weed out overly ambitious corrupt candidates. Genius! Now we move on to Hillary's seat. We all know she put it down for women in the primaries, so it's only fair to replace her with another qualified woman. But all this buzz for Caroline Kennedy makes me wonder if there's other equally famous daughters that could run New York. Let's take a look at some of our options...
#5) CHELSEA CLINTON
• This seems like a no-brainer. She's young, has a familiar name and shares her mother's experience as a woman publicly humiliated by a man in her life. Why tip-toe around all the hereditary monarchy in America? Why JFK's daughter? Just keep it in the family!
#4) LIV TYLER
• Not only would she be automatic eye-candy to the huddled masses, but she's an exceptional actress in horror movies, which is essentially what we're facing. She could also probably hook up an '09 version of "Walk This Way" for the inauguration.
#3) VICTORIA GOTTI
• She's a staple of New York's cultural history and has well-documented organizational skills. There's also no question her family would help with fund raising and protection for the party.
#2) MARY CHENEY
• All political affiliations aside, selecting Lil' Cheney would be a tremendous superficial gesture to the gay community. It would also give credence to Obama's promises of "bi-partisanship" bullshit uniting.
#1) LIL KIM
• Big Poppa would be proud.
*BONUS: Check out John Brown's latest Vlogs that include Joe Budden, Busta Rhymes, and CNN