To help promote her "Let's Move" campaign and raise awareness on childhood obesity across America, Michelle Obama will be releasing a hip-hop inspired album later this year.
The project aligns Obama's "Let's Move" campaign with the Partnership For A Healthier America and Hip Hop Public Health, with their intent to fuse entertainment with awareness.
"We believe that music built on cultural cues can inspire kids and families to make healthy choices," says Dr. Olajide Williams, founder of Hip Hop Public Health. "Its ability to immerse and transport the mind is a great attribute for any educational tool. Throughout history, music has been a great teacher and motivator, from ABC’s and nursery rhymes to religious hymns and national anthems. It is time to harness this power for health."
You can watch the new music video for "Let's Move" above, featuring Doug E. Fresh, Jordin Sparks and Dr. Oz. The tracklisting can be viewed below, with additional features from Ariana Grande, Ashanti and Matisyahu.
1. "U R What You Eat" f/ Salad Bar (Matisyahu, Ariana Grande, Travis Barker)
2. "Everybody" f/ Jordin Sparks, Doug E. Fresh, Dr. Oz, Ryan Beatty, Hip Hop MD
3. "Let’s Move" f/ Doug E. Fresh, Artie Green, Chauncey Hawkins
4. "Just Believe" featuring Ashanti, Gerry Gunn, Artie Green, Robbie Nova
5. "Veggie Luv" f/ Monifah and J Rome
6. "Hip Hop FEET" f/ DMC and Artie Green
7. "Stronger" f/ Shayna Steele, Jeremy Jordan, Our Time Theater kids, and E-Street Band guitarist Nils Lofgren
8. "Give Myself a Try" f/ Ryan Beatty
9. "Jump Up" f/ Brady Rymer and the Little band that Could
10. "Hip Hop LEAN" f/ Artie Green
11. "Pass the Rock" f/ Iman Schumpert and Artie Green
12. "Good Living" f/ Ashton Jones
13. "Beautiful" f/ Daisy Grant and Artie Green
14. "Change the Game" f/ The Happiness Club, featuring Naledge
15. "Wanna Jump (Let’s Move)" f/ Paul Burch
16. "Mother May I" f/ Amelia Robinson
17. "We Like vegetables" f/ Los Barkers!
18. "Get Up Sit Up" f/ Babi Floyd
19. "One Step Forward" f/ Samite