The annual PTTOW! (Plan to Take Over the World) marketing summit has tipped its hat to the music world, specifically EDM, by adding Kaskade to their panel of key-note speakers. Other speakers include everyone from the President of Vans to the Senior Advisor for Innovation to Secretary of State. With such a broad and diverse line-up of speakers, it's interesting and encouraging to see that dance music is getting enough credit as a future piece of the marketing puzzle to have earned its seat at the table.
Recently, we've seen dance culture move onto the radar of marketing and advertising companies with brand partnerships built around Avicii, Audrey Napoleon, Diplo, and Swedish House Mafia and companies like OneBeat media taking brands to school in this year's upfront presentations at OneBeat Labs.
While industry leaders like Pasquale Rotella will not be speaking at this year's conference, he will still be in attendance - assuring that passionate voices from the industry will be heard alongside Kaskade and other tastemakers and influencers.
Business nerds - try to keep your pants on while you read the list of speakers and participants.
Select Speakers include:
- Alec Ross, Senior Advisor for Innovation to Secretary of State, US State Dept.
- Esther Lee, SVP, Brand Marketing & Advertising, AT&T
- George Whitesides, CEO & President, Virgin Galactic
- Jeff Jones, EVP & CMO, Target
- James Curleigh, President, Levi's Brand
- Joe Tripodi, Chief Marketing & Commercial Officer, Coca-Cola
- Pat Tenore, Founder, RVCA
- Lee Clow, Chairman & Global Director, TBWA/Worldwide
- Tony Hsieh, CEO, Zappos
- will.i.am – Musician, Entrepreneur & Philanthropist
Select Participants and Members for the 2013 PTTOW! Summit include:
- Carol Kruse, SVP of Consumer Marketing, ESPN
- David Eun, EVP & Head of Open Innovation Center, Samsung
- Craig Hatkoff, Co-founder, Tribeca Film Festival
- Jason Mackenzie, President of Global Sales and Marketing, HTC
- Jeff Levick, CMO, Spotify
- Kaskade – DJ & Record Producer
- Kevin Bailey, President, Vans
- Mauro Porcini, Chief Design Officer, PEPSICO
- Michael Paull, VP, Global Content, Amazon
- Neil Blumenthal, Co-Founder & Co-CEO, Warby Parker
- Rainn Wilson – Actor, Comedian, Director, Writer, “The Office”
- Ron Faris, CMO, Virgin Mobile
- Susan Jurevics, SVP, Global Retail Brand Marketing, SONY
- Tom Freston, Principal, Firefly3, Chairman, ONE Campaign