After a three-year break, Stevie Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham, Mick Fleetwood, and John McVie are headed back on the road as Fleetwood Mac. They announced today that the band will embark on a 34-city tour throughout the U.S. in 2013—beginning on April 4 in Columbus, Ohio and ending on June 14 in Detroit, Mich.

The tour marks the 35th anniversary of the release of their 1977 disc, Rumours, which they plan to reissue in early 2013 with live tracks and unreleased studio takes. 

“Having started Fleetwood Mac with John McVie in 1967, it has always been so gratifying that despite the various incarnations, the band has survived," Mick Fleetwood said in a statement. "Throughout the years, though, the one thing that has remained constant is our fans. I am looking forward to getting back behind the kit, reconnecting with the fans and sharing the stage with my fellow band members."

Nicks told Entertainment Weekly that she's strict about the three-year rule.

"It’s always really good to give people that rest from you," she said. "To let them get away from you and you from them. So when that tour starts up, everybody’s super excited. And you’re not gonna be near as super excited if you just saw us at the beginning of last year. I think that it’s really worth it to do that. I will always feel that way, so I have to take a little bit of flak for it."

Fleetwood Mac is just as famous for its music as it is for its inner turmoils.

"In Fleetwood Mac there’s always gonna be drama," Nicks said, laughing. "You’re never gonna get away from that. And I think if we ever got away from that everybody would be very bored. The audiences would certainly be bored. So it's never gonna happen."

The tour will hit Chicago (April 13), Philadelphia (April 6), New York (April 8), Washington D.C. (April 9), Los Angeles (May 25) and Atlanta (June 10) along the way. For the full list of tour dates, visit FleetwoodMac.com. Ticket sales begin December 14.

[via Entertainment Weekly]