- Indie Music?
- Embarassing Her Ex-Boyfriends in Pop Songs?
- The Ostensible "Meaning" of Indie Music Videos?<
- Growing Old?
- The New York Times and Their Silly Questions?
On The Matter of Writing Mean Songs About Her Ex-Boyfriends After Telling Them She Wouldn't:
"Of course I was like, 'Oh, don’t worry, I won’t.' And then I did. Look, it’s not like it was written somewhere in the fine print that I write songs about my life. If we break up, I’m going to write about it."
On The Matter of Hipster Tastemaking on the Part of Her Ex-Boyfriend Who May Or May Not Be Jake Gyllenhaal:
"I have so many indie bands on my iPod. What I don’t really understand is the attitude that if a band is unknown, they’re good, and if they get fans, then you move on to the next band."
On The Matter of Whether Or Not That Hipster Boyfriend Was, In Fact, Jake Gyllenhaal:
"I don’t talk about who it is specifically because these are real people."
On The Matter of Other People's Music and/or Indie Bands She Actually Likes and Can Name:
"I haven’t been listening to that much music lately, I’ve just kind of been doing promo and sleeping."
On The Matter of Explaining Herself, as a Matter of Parodying Indie Music Videos:
"Why are there woodland creatures? Nobody knows. Why am I wearing floral-print pajamas? Nobody knows. Why am I randomly wearing glasses? Nobody knows."
So, here's your takeaway:
- Taylor Swift is the Praying Mantis of Pop Music. She will date you, and when it ends, she will smash your face into the figurative concrete curb of music with a diss track that will expose to the world what a shitty boyfriend you were to her, but not before telling she that's exactly what she won't do.
- Taylor Swift Can't Name Any Indie Bands. Not because she doesn't listen to them, but because she doesn't have time for that shit. She's too busy minting her own currency.
- Taylor Swift Can, However, Name Indie Music Cliches, and Then Lampoon Them. In other words, she's capable of subliminals.
- Taylor Swift Doesn't Care For The New York Times and Their Questions. So she just won't answer them.
Conclusion? Yes: T-Swizzle is still, as ever—if not more than ever—The Baddest Bitch in America. Class dismissed.
Via: The Many Insecurities of Taylor Swift [NYT Magazine]
PREVIOUSLY: Taylor Swift: The Baddest B*tch In America.