It's been confirmed by the coroner that the cause of Amy Winehouse's death was alcohol poisoning. The investigation determined that at the time of her death, Winehouse had over five times the legal driving limit in her system.
The coroner, Suzanne Greenway, announced that the singer had 416 mg of alcohol per 100 ml of blood, with the legal limit being 80 mg. Although the original autopsy was inconclusive, there were no illegal substances found in Winehouse's system. From the beginning, many suspected that alcohol played a role in the death. Amy's father Mitch had explained after his daughter's passing that although she had overcome her drug addictions, she was still battling with severe alcoholism. She was 27 years old.