Lil Wayne hasn't even been locked up an entire month yet, but we'd be lying if we said we didn't miss him. Well, maybe not him smashing off our favorite starlets, but we miss him annihilating beats and making the rest of his Young Money crew sound like bankable artists. His No Ceilings mixtape was one of last years best, but with limited verses on that Young Money album, we were simply running out of Weezy. In fact, we were about to give that Rebirth album a spin when we got some of the best news we've heard all year: Wayne's been recording the whole time he's been locked up and he's about to drop a mixtape!
We can't tell you who put us on (no snitching!), but through some type of Cash Money sponsored music program (and probably just some cold, hard cash money) Wayne's been allowed access to the Rikers Island recording studio. The tape, entitled Rikers Island Blues, is all finished and Complex got exclusive access to the tracklist, cover and download link! Read on to see if doing hard time has had any effect Wayne's creative genius...
LIL WAYNE'S RIKERS ISLAND BLUES MIXTAPE
1. "I Miss My Dawgs (Someone Send Me A Letter Already)" feat. Turk
2. "Steady Moppin'" f/ Gucci Mane
3. "D-Block Is Hot"
4. "Appeal Me (A Milli Pt. 2)"
5. "I Can't Feel My Face (Infirmary Remix)"
6. "I Feel Like Crying"
7. "Ms. Correctional Officer" feat. Chico Debarge
8. "Every Girl Reprised (Yall Feel Me, Right?)"
9. "Commissary to Blow" feat. Birdman & Drake
10. "Riker's Island 2010" feat. Kool G Rap & NORE
11. "Banned From PC" Freestyle
12. "Conjugal Shawty"
13. "Turn My Swag Off"
14. "Phone Home"
BONUS: A SAMPLE OF WAYNE'S VERSE FROM "COMMISSARY TO BLOW":
I get rec time every 23 hours
Guards in watch towers
I aint even scared until its time to hit the showers
I don't have to worry cause my homies got powers
One gave me a big bouquet of oragami flowers
I told him he my dude, but I aint nobody bitch
Wait till we get out I said, I could make you rich
I'll sign you to Young Money and we'll have you sing some hooks
And I should be alright if Drake put money on my books...
• Catchin' Bodies: Lil Wayne's History of (Alleged) Female Conquests
• CLICK HERE TO SEE MORE COMPLEX MUSIC POSTS!