Nature was not on the side of a group of politicians who felt the wrath of a law they had just passed. Nearly a week after passing a law that made the distribution and consumption of unpasteurized milk legal, a few West Virginia lawmakers mysteriously fell ill. According to the Daily Dot, the stricken insist it’s a stomach bug despite participating in a celebratory toast that involved drinking said liquid.

"I highly doubt raw milk had anything to do with it, in my case," House delegate Pat McGeehan told WSAZ after admitting to taking sip of the milk likely filled with free-flowing bacteria. "I had a small sip and walked away and tossed the rest of it."

Health officials are investigating the supposed food poisoning after receiving an anonymous complaint. At least one individual whispered to the Department of Health and Human Resources that the milk was distributed illegally, WSAZ reports.

Minor illness is still a better fare than the Columbian woman who tried to smuggle cocaine in shoddy implants. For some reason, she thought it was a good idea for amateur surgeons to cut her open and place two small bags in her chest. Needless to say, it did not go well.