UPDATE 9:45 p.m.: ​

Police have now said the girl transported to the hospital is a 12-year-old relative of the victims. She reportedly escaped from the home.

Jack Pigott, a neighbor to the gunman, said the couple was in their 40s and had been married for five years. Pigott said the woman had been previously married and that during that marriage she adopted two teenage boys from Russia and a girl from China. 

See original story below.

Today marks the third shooting to make national news in less than a week. Six people were killed on Saturday in different areas of Kalamazoo County, Michigan when a gunman went driving around, allegedly taking Uber fares in between, shooting people. Just last night three people were killed and 14 people were injured in a Kansas factory shooting. On Friday police reported a man in Washington shot his family and then shot himself.

Police said a yet-to-be-identified man in Belfair called police at 9:37 a.m. local time Friday morning telling them he had shot his wife and children writes the New York Daily News. Officials told KIRO-TV the gunman was aiming a gun at his own head at the time he called police. Mason County Sheriff's Office Chief Deputy Ryan Spurling said a SWAT team surrounded the gunman's home after he told a dispatcher he had shot four people at approximately 1:00 p.m. The gunman shot himself during a standoff with police.

Sheriff Casey Salisbury said the gunman "apparently came outside the home and shot himself." Salisbury said the gunman didn't shoot at any officers before committing suicide. 

According to Spurling negotiators spoke to the man as authorities tried to enter the home to confirm the shooting victims before arresting him. The Seattle Times reports authorities confirmed four people were found dead and that the gunman fatally shot himself. Authorities haven't identified the victims. 

Salisbury said authorities were able to confirm the four victims after searching 11 buildings on the property. 

A neighbor told The Seattle Times he heard gunfire at 8:15 p.m. Thursday, but wrote it off as target practice. 

A girl who survived the home shooting was taken to a hospital.

This story is developing.