Admit it, the first time you saw this Old Navy commercial, you were like, "What the hell is Kim Kardashian doing in an Old Navy commercial?" But that's not Kim Kardashian. In fact, it's Melissa Molinaro, a Canadian-born pop singer/actress who's been trying to make her way in the entertainment business for some time. She's flirted with success on occasion, but for the most part, she's unknown. Maybe not for long. She's a Fauxdashian, but we're kinda feeling her. Seems like others are as well. Maybe you'll feel her even more after getting to know Melissa Molinaro, aka Kim Kardashian Lite.
- Molinaro's not her real name- Well, not technically. Her last name is actually Smith. But she changed it to Molinaro to reflect her mother's maiden name.
- She's been on TV, in movies and video games- She was in "The Hillz" (read closely). Not the show, but that silly Paris Hilton movie from 2004. Last year she was on an episode of "How I Met Your Mother," and in 2009 she starred in a straight to DVD Dolph Lundgren film, "Command Performance." This year, she'll take to the big screen in movies like the upcoming Honey sequel, "Honey 2," and "Balls To The Wall," which is suprisingly not a porno. She'll also voice a character in the upcoming "Jurrasic Park" video game.
- She was almost in Danity Kane and The Pussycat Dolls- that girl Aundrea (yes, the one with the big nose), beat her out for the last slot in Danity Kane during Making The Band 3. And she finished 3rd runner up in "Pussycat Dolls Present: The Search For The Next Doll."
- She just released a single- It's called "Dance Floor," and while it may be a tad cliche, we're not mad at it one bit. She's a pop act and the song is kind of par for the course. Much better than her 2009 release, "I Believed." Here's to progress! Plus it's probably lightyears better than the BS single Kim Kardashian is about to unleash on the world. But who knows.
- She's not very popular- Well, not yet. She only has 3000-something twitter followers, which is kind of a low number. Follow her now (twitter.com/MelissaMolinaro).
Source: Sports Illustrated