Katy Perry, Rihanna, Solange, and Amanda Blank show off their nails.
Welcome to the first edition of our new column, Fetish Friday, where we'll be bringing you the freakiest female fixations you have but are too embarrassed to talk about. (Within the realms of a good taste, mind you—lovers of morbidly obese albino midgets, click thataway.) Complex is not here to judge you, fam—nope, we're here to exploit your fetishes like Diddy does his artists.
Today, we're appreciating sexy women with sexy nails. Not just any manicured hand will do—we're talking about nails with either scandalous length, crazy colors, or impressive nail art. Remember Coko from SWV? How about the O.G. Puerto Rican hottie, Ivy Queen? OK fine, those are a little extreme, but here's our round-up of the 10 female celebrities with the sexiest nails....
• During the 2008 Presidential Campaign, Eve showed support for Obama by putting his face as nail art on her hands. Now that's patriotic.
• We appreciate Brooke trying to spruce up other parts of her body (she is on our Butterface list afterall). We find her long red talons kinda sexy. She's on speed dial for when we need our back scratched.
• She was also on our Butterface list (and the subject of many Complex posts), but at least she has her nail game proper. Gaga's nails in the "Poker Face" music video were embellished to match playing cards. Dope.
• Our latest cover girl rocks the freshest neon polish in our Aug/Sept issue, but we first caught her pro-nails in her "Turnin' Me On" music video rockin' a mean houndstooth print.
• Do you see a pattern here? Another butterface with sexy nails. Maybe the outrageous nail art is to make us center our attention on anything but the face. It's working!
• Solange went to the unrivaled territory of nail art—Japan—to get her nails done up like the UK flag. She posted the pics on her MySpace and the response from her fans was nothing but love.
• Stylish Rihanna is always thinking of the next odd trend, but we're not hating on her nail game. Smiley faces and bright colors only make hot girls stand out more than usual.
• Recent Complex cover girl Katy is always experimenting with
girls nails. She posts her manicures up on Twitter and TwitPic and we love her originality.
• Amanda's debut album was released last week and we were curious to check her out. We were pleasantly surprised by photos of her freaky nails. Maybe it means she's freaky in other ways as well.
• Got her toes done up with her fingernails matching! Kid Sister is the queen of the nail art game. If you haven't heard her ode to manicures yet, get familiar.