11-Year-Old Girl Electrocuted While Playing Miniature Golf
City: Orlando, FL
Date: June 2012
11-year-old Ashton Jojo, who was visiting Orlando from New York with her family, was killed after being electrocuted while trying to retrieve a ball from a pond at a miniature golf course. Jojo shrieked in pain as soon as she stepped into the 2-foot-deep pond. Fellow Orange Lake Resort guest Christopher Burges was injured while trying to rescue her.
Soon after arriving at Florida Hospital Celebration, Jojo was pronounced dead. A building safety department official says that the electrocution was the result of a faulty pump being connected to a bad circuit breaker.
[via CBS News]